How To Use The Japanese Immigration Bureau e-Notification System


When a change happens to your current visa, you have to notify the Immigration Bureau within 14 days. For example when you quit your job or change your address. In case you don`t inform the Immigration Bureau within 14 days, you might have to pay a penalty of 200 thousand Japanese yen. While you could tell them directly by visiting the Tokyo Immigration Bureau in Shinagawa (click here to see how to get there). However, it can take a while as you have to wait for a long time at the immigration bureau. Instead of going to the Immigration Bureau, to make it easier for foreigners, the Immigration Bureau has created an online system, which is called "Immigration Bureau e-Notification system".

How To Use the Immigration Bureau e-Notification system

Below you can read how to create an account and to inform the Immigration Bureau of any changes.

1. mid-to-long-term residents

First of all, click here to go to the Immigration Bureau e-Notification system. After visiting the website, click on the button "For mid-to-long-term residents".

Immigration Bureau e-Notification system

2. Authentication ID

Next step is to click on "Authentication ID issued", which is found in the bottom left side corner of the webpage.

Immigration Bureau e-Notification system

3. Registration

Fill in all your information, including your residence card number. After registering your information, you will receive a confirmation email that the registration is completed.

Immigration Bureau e-Notification system

4. Log in

After completing your registration, you can log in and notify the Immigration Bureau of any changes. When you submit a change to your current status on the website, you will receive a confirmation email that they received it. A history list of all changes is shown in "see notification`s status.

Immigration Bureau e-Notification system


I think the e-Notification system is a great improvement, as you can submit changes online. It also saves you a lot of time, which you can use in a better way. The system is easy to use and you have proof of submitting any changes that happened to your visa.

If you are looking for a job in Japan or want to change your job make sure to check out our article about the top recruiting sites that can help you find a new job.

Related Post

 - How-To


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *